The probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum GKM3 was patented and won a Gold medal and Special prize at the 2019 World Genius Convention & Education Expo.
Benefits of Probiotics
Lactobacillus plantarum GKM3
Lactobacillus plantarum belongs to the Lactobacillus genus. It can produce a variety of natural bacteriostatic substances such as organic acids, bacteriocins, hydrogen peroxide and diacetyl hydrazine. The main functions are:
(1) Regulate the immune system;
(2) Inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria;
(3) Decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases;
(4) Promote absorption of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract;
(5) Reduce lactose intolerance;
(6) Reduce the risk of cancer.
Lactobacillus paracasei GKS6
Lactobacillus paracasei extensively lives in human mouth cavity and intestine. It can inhibit the interleukins (which are produced to induce allergy and inflammation in immunity system) to improve and reduce allergic response. It also regulates the immunity system of individuals to reduce the rate of having allergic response. Other functions include:
(1) Reduce risks of hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases;
(2) Improve the regulation of immunity;
(3) Inhibit the reproduction of bad bacteria in intestine;
(4) Repair damage of intestinal wall
Lactobacillus brevis GKL9
Lactobacillus brevis is commonly found in milk and dairy products, wine making and fermentation of food. The main advantages of Lactobacillus brevis include
(1) Decrease blood pressure, reduce psychological stress and act as antidepressant;
(2) Regulate physiological clock;
(3) Increase resistance to obesity;
(4) Boost immunity and thus reduce the incidence of flu;
(5) Suppress periodontal inflammation.
Lactobacillus casei GKC1
Lactobacillus casei is commonly found in fermented food. The main functions are:
(1) when cooperate with other probiotic strains, it can reduce the incidence of antibiotic-associated diarrhea;
(2) help shorten the recovery time of acute diarrhea caused by rotavirus;
(3) suppress Clostridium difficile infection, which Clostridium difficile is the common cause of diarrhea and abdominal cramps;
(4) may suppress cortisol, and reduce the symptoms associated with stress.
Lactobacillus reuteri GKR1
Lactobacillus reuteri has a wide variety of functions, which includes:
(1) reduce the number of bad bacteria in the intestine, such as Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli, and simultaneously preserve the number and diversity of good bacteria in the intestine;
(2) control the inflammatory response and regulate the body immune system;
(3) strengthen the intestinal barrier to prevent the bacterial translocation;
(4) can improve the health of mouth cavity and reduce the number of bad bacteria (Transglycan Streptococcus), thus preventing tooth decay.
Lactobacillus acidophilus GKA7
Lactobacillus acidophilus has a strong acid resistance, which it can reproduce under extreme environment (low pH environment) and is able to excrete similar chemicals as antibiotics. The main functions are:
(1) protect from invasion of the pathogens;
(2) promote the nutrition absorption in intestine;
(3) strengthen immunity;
(5) Reduce the risk of formation of cancer cells
Lactobacillus gasseri GKG1
Lactobacillus gasseri is usually present in the breast milk. The main functions are:
(1) can synthesize Gassericin A in body, which has the ability of combating against bad bacteria;
(2) accelerate the synthesis of growth hormones in blood;
(3) helps relieve body tiredness and reduce anxiety;
(4) help reduce daily stress and improve sleep quality, and further improve the constipation problem caused by stress;
(5) helps controlling body weight and decrease the risk of metabolic syndrome.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
Lactobacillus rhamnosus belongs to genus Lactobacillus, which is one of the common gut microbiota in humans. The characteristics of Lactobacillus rhamnosus is that it has strong intestinal viscosity and easy to colonize in the intestine. The main functions are:
(1) reduce the risk of diarrhoea and improve the digestive functions;
(2) boost immunity;
(3) strengthen the barrier of the intestinal wall;
(4) improve the allergy symptoms and overall body status;
(5) reduce the risk of tooth decay.
Bifidobacterium bifidum GKB2
Bifidobacterium bifidum is commonly seen in human intestine and it is an important probiotic. As Bifidobacterium bifidum brings a lot of advantages to human health, many food (such as yogurt) will add this bacterial species during fermentation. The main advantages of Bifidobacterium bifidum are
(1) Strengthen immunity;
(2) Produce lactic acid, and inhibit the growth of the bad bacteria;
(3) Decrease the cholesterol level in the plasma;
(4) Integrate with the toxins produced by pathogens, thus reduce the damage of the toxins to the intestine and organs;
(5) Reduce the risk of intestinal diseases, such as ulcerative colitis.
Bifidobacterium breve GKV1
This strain belongs to the genus Bifidobacterium and its main functions are:
(1) to regulate the host's immune system;
(2) to reduce the risk of inflammation;
(3) to ease allergic symptoms;
(4) to help prevent celiac disease and irritable syndrome in children, such as gastrointestinal diseases to improve quality of life.
Bifidobacterium lactis GKK2
Bifidobacterium lactis is commonly found in the human large intestine, which can reduce the symptoms of gastrointestinal diseases and promote smooth bowel movement. Also, oral intake of Bifidobacterium lactis can improve oral health and reduce the chance of oral inflammation. Other advantages are:
(1) Inhibit allergic response, such as eczema;
(2) Inhibit the growth of bad bacteria in the intestine and reduce the risk of diarrhea in babies.
Bifidobacterium longum GKL7
Bifidobacterium longum is a probiotics which belongs to the Bifidobacterium genus. It has the abilities of repairing the membrane and regulating the intestinal balance. For clinical use, it major function include:
(1) Reduce the duration of diarrhea;
(2) Assist the treatment of infants with lactose intolerance;
(3) Reduce the chance of functional constipation;
(4) Reduce the risk of allergy.
Lactococcus lactis GKL2
Lactococcus lactis is mainly extracted from plants and is always added to different types of milk or pickled products. The main functions are:
(1) Advanced Lactococcus lactis can release interleukin-10 in the human body to help repair intestinal wall damage;
(2) Reduce symptoms of inflammatory intestinal related diseases and irritable bowel syndrome;
(3) Inhibit the growth of bad bacteria and reduce the risk of bacterial infection. Salmonella has the highest effectiveness in this aspect.
Streptococcus thermophilus GKT2
Streptococcus thermophilus is harmless to humans. It can be used to produce yogurt. This strain can:
(1) Produce lactase in the human body, which breaks down lactose into monosaccharides, thereby assisting patients with lactose intolerance to digest dairy products and reducing allergic reactions;
(2) Prevent diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics;
(3) Inhibit the proliferation of harmful bacteria in the intestine;
(4) Promote the growth of cortical cells;
(5) Reduce the urinary toxin concentration in the intestine and the body;
(6) Control the inflammation of the intestinal wall;